The Desert Connection
Inside this issue you will find:
- Reflections from Bishop Bob Hoshibata about his experience at the recent gathering in San Diego of active United Methodist Bishops in his regular column, Living the Connection
- The story of Green Valley UMC's recent work trip to Haiti and the mark they left behind
- A feature on a new approach to ministry and outreach being taken by Rev. Steve Marshall
- An exciting look at what one United Methodist church is doing to raise funds for and awareness of Imagine No Malaria
- A look at the impact of a past work trip and heritage tour of England and how individuals will be able to be a part of a future trip
- And much more news and information from around the Desert Southwest Conference and the United Methodist Church
Remember, individuals are encouraged to share the articles through their networks, and editors are encouraged to reproduce the articles in their own publications. The simple HTML format on http://desertconnection.org makes reproduction of specific articles relatively hassle free. Communicators and church staff are also welcome to share the entire issue of The Desert Connection with their local congregations either electronically or by printing it. Please be particularly mindful of finding creative ways to share The Desert Connection with those who may not have internet access.If you have any questions about reproduction, need ideas on distribution, or need any assistance contact the Director of Communications for The Desert Southwest Conference, Stephen J. Hustedt at Steve(at)desertsw.org or 602-266-6956 ext. 220.
Previous issues are linked below. (To navigate to specific page within the Desert Connection when using Adobe Reader, be sure to select the "page" icon on the upper left-hand corner of the document.)
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files. If you need to download the Reader, go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/ or click the button below.